What is Polycystic Ovaries aka PCOS?
PCOS occurs when there is an imbalance in a woman’s sex hormones such as, estrogen and progesterone. This results in cysts growing on the ovaries.
Usually, doctors prescribe taking birth control pills to balance your hormones. From my experience though, I have encountered many persons who have been on birth control for many years, some say that it does not help them or they are trying to refrain from it. Two herbs that can be taken instead of birth control are:
- Chasteberry aka Vitex (I Recommended this to many of my customers where I work and received positive feedback from each one of them. Some customers purchase three at time! I will definitely continue to recommend it)
- Saw Palmetto
Generally, other remedies for ovarian cysts are:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Omega’s 3&6 (Fish Oil or krill Oil) Read more about the benefits here
Many people are unaware that diet is a major contributing factor to developing or worsening polycystic ovaries. The following are foods to avoid if you have polycystic ovaries:
- Processed foods
- Sugary foods
- Carbs, eat more complex carbs
- If eating meat is necessary for you, then try to eat organic meat (free range chickens et cetera ) Avoid meats that are injected with steroids, this leads to even more hormones getting into your body.
- Oily foods
- Refined sugar such as: High fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners
Links below for more information! 🙂