What is your colon and where is it located?
You colon is your large intestines and it is located at the lowest part of the digestive system.
Purpose of your colon?
It absorbs fluids and waste products before excretion by the anus. The water that is absorbed is then recylced back into the body for future use.
If you suffer from constipation,irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, other digestive issues, mood swings,depression and skin problems then your colon is not functioning the way it should.
You need to:
- Increase your fiber intake (Chia seeds,Flax seeds,Quinoa,Psyllium husk,Bananas,Almonds)
What is fiber? – Fiber is responsible for moving foods throughout the digestive tract
It is known that we do not get sufficient amount of fiber in out diet due to the foods that we eat. The western world is based on processed sugary fast foods which provides us with little to no vitamins and minerals. These foods put a strain on our digestive system and it has to work even harder, this is why it is better to eat a “raw food diet”.
I agree that it is not always easy to eat correctly, but it is necessary for your body to eat healthy most of the time. You are doing yourself and your body a favour when you do so!
You also need to,
- Eat more fruits and vegetables but try to avoid “gassy” veggies such as, Broccoli,Beans,Cabbage,Apples,Peaches.
- Eat more fermented foods
- Stop delaying “going off”
- Use digestive enzymes
- Eat more foods high in Magnesium or take Magnesium supplements (Why Mag?)
What are enzymes? BASICALLY, Enzymes aid the body in digestion. It helps break down carbs,proteins and fats.
A few reasons for the colon to stop working efficiently are, poor diet,lack of exercise and drugs.
Reasons for it?
-Improves the functionality of the bodies detoxification system
-Improves daily energy
-Restores digestive health
If your body cannot excrete waste it will back up and cause health issues which can lead to death.
If you want to do a colon cleanse and also cleanse your other organs that helps in the process of digestion (Kidney,Liver) then I will recommend,
- Lemon water with honey in a warm glass of water in the morning
- Apple cider vinegar,Lemon,Honey,Cinnamon/Cayenne pepper and warm water in the morning
- Cascara Sagrada (Liver tonic&Laxative)
- Black walnut (Worms)
- Wormwood (Black walnut and wormwood works terrific together!)
- Slippery Elm (Constipation and tape worms)
- Milk Thistle (Liver)
- Dandelion (Liver&Kidneys)
- Neem (Blood&Worms)
- Senna (Helps bowel movements)
-Thank You For Reading 🙂 !