Moringa ( AKA miracle tree, drumstick tree and in Trinidad “Saijan” ) has major benefits from health to beauty 😉
Moringa is a fast growing tree native to India and is cultivated in Asia, Africa and South America and even locally. Society is now discovering the benefits of this superfood but this was actually used in ancient times by the Romans, Egyptians and Greeks for its medicinal impact.
Its benefits, are as follows:
- Reduces tiredness and fatigue – A single serving of moringa (2-3tsp) is approximately 32.2% daily requirement of iron. Iron is essential for the reduction of fatigue in the body
- Vitamin A which is responsible for healthy radiant skin and vision
- Vitamin E protects cells from oxidative stress which fights against early aging
- Vitamin C – Immune Booster !
- Vitamin D (Bone Health) – Essential for Calcium Absorption. Withouth Vitamin D, bones can become brittle
- Vitamin K
- Lowers cholesterol and Regulates blood pressure due to the amount of Niacin (Vitamin B3) levels
- Muscle Growth – High content of protein
- Anti stress- Moringa is an adaptogen which are herbs that protects the body from the toxic effects of stress
- Treats Diabetes
- Treats Stomach disorders – Constipation, Gas & Ulcers
- High levels of antioxidants – Heart health
- Promotes Lactation for nursing mothers
- Contains 8 Amino Acids – Find Amino Acids Here
The list can go on and on! In my opinion, if you do not eat properly, meaning unhealthy or not enough, this superfood is best for you.
Below are links provided for more reading 🙂
-Thank you for taking your time to read, xx.