What is Polycystic Ovaries aka PCOS?
PCOS occurs when there is an imbalance in a woman’s sex hormones such as, estrogen and progesterone. This results in cysts growing on the ovaries.
Usually, doctors prescribe taking birth control pills to balance your hormones. From my experience though, I have encountered many persons who have been on birth control for many years, some say that it does not help them or they are trying to refrain from it. Two herbs that can be taken instead of birth control are:
- Chasteberry aka Vitex (I Recommended this to many of my customers where I work and received positive feedback from each one of them. Some customers purchase three at time! I will definitely continue to recommend it)
- Saw Palmetto
Generally, other remedies for ovarian cysts are:
Many people are unaware that diet is a major contributing factor to developing or worsening polycystic ovaries. The following are foods to avoid if you have polycystic ovaries:
- Processed foods
- Sugary foods
- Carbs, eat more complex carbs
- If eating meat is necessary for you, then try to eat organic meat (free range chickens et cetera ) Avoid meats that are injected with steroids, this leads to even more hormones getting into your body.
- Oily foods
- Refined sugar such as: High fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners
Links below for more information! 🙂
Link 2 – Gives you information on what you should eat instead
Everything about your Diet
Someone telling us about her story
The meaning of “Chanca Piedra” means “Stone Breaker“. It is indigenous to the Amazon and other tropical areas throughout the world. This herb can be used in the form of capsules, the whole herb (you can brew it and drink it as tea), powder and liquid form.
Chanca Piedra is used for many different purposes such as:
- Kidney Stones
- Liver Detox
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI’s) -Will increase urination
- Digestive Tract Disorders
- Gall stones
You can purchase this at your local natural health stores!
Read A Review!
Read More Here
Apricot seeds contain a compound called “Amygdalin“ which is found in apples,plums,peaches and bitter almonds. Amygdalin also KILLS cancer cells! (Personally, I have met many people whose family/friends used this and it has saved their lives. I also recommended it to a few people and got amazing feedback.)
Amygdalin also known as B17, is converted to cyanide in the body which is poisonous and can cause serious harm therefore it is recommended to consume three (3) kernels per day.
The kernels are extremely bitter (I tasted one and was in disbelief at HOW bitter they really are.) For that reason it can be purchase in capsules.
Always Remember.. when coming to food “ Bitter the Better” .
Click on the Links if you would like to Read More:
Dr.Axe WebMd Apricot Power
Maca Root also known as Ayak Chichira/Lepidium Meyenii was originated in the central of Peru in the Andes Mountains. It’s been in use for almost three thousand (3,000) years. In the Incan Culture it was used as currency at a point in time due to its’ richness of history and healing effects such as:
-Enhancing Energy & Libido
-Improving sexual function
-Overcomes physical and mental stress
-Enhancing fertility in both men and women
-Supports hormonal imbalance which decreases mood swings, depression and in older women, hot flashes due to menopause
-Its’ fiber content means it is also used as a laxative
-It makes your skin look younger
-Helps with Thyroid function = Hormonal Balance
- 18% protein
- 76.5% carbohydrates
- 5% fat
- 8.5% Fiber (indigestible carbohydrates)
- Over 20 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids
- 20 free-form fatty acids (such as lauric, linolenic, palmitic acid, oleic , and steric acid)
- Vitamins B-1, B-2, C and E Calcium
The Incan warriors have been using the herb to keep them strong for battle. However, while they used the herb, the women were kept away from them due to their sexual impulses.